Thursday 7 February 2008

A Funny thing Happend Today @ Lunch

Originally posted 2/7/08, 11:04 PM, Eastern Daylight Time.
While lunching and munching at my food - while on the job as mashgiach - a lady entered our restaurant and asked for the rabbi. She had already tried to get the rabbi of the local shul but at about 2:00PM he was not to be found. Instead she requested of me:
"Do you know the rabbi in Monsey how heals the sick?"
I replied: "I'm afraid I do not. Have you tried calling any of the local rabbis?..."

After a brief chat it turned out that I could not help her either. It seems that her husband is very ill and no one so far has been able to help HIM.

As she exited the door I made one last suggestion: "Have you tried asking help from God directly?"

Who knew -such a novel thought!

Good Shabbos,
RRW

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, if the rabbi can make the food kosher by blessing it, why wouldn't people think he can make people better by himself?

8-)