Update on YU Resources for Tisha b'Av
This issue of Torah for Tisha B'Av includes the following articles:
- Profiles in Churban - Rabbi Reuven Brand (Rosh Kollel, YU Torah Mitzion Kollel of Chicago )
- Tisha B'Av: Mourning and Moed - Rabbi Daniel Z. Feldman (Rosh Yeshiva, RIETS)
- Said Rabbi Shimon: When I went to Rome, There I saw the Menorah... - Dr. Steven Fine (Professor of Jewish History, Yeshiva College, and Director, YU Center for Israel Studies)
- Failure to Grieve - Rabbi Mordechai Torczyner (Rosh Beit Midrash, YU Torah Mitzion Zichron Dov Beit Midrash of Toronto)
- Tisha B'Av: Renaissance of Normality - Rabbi Ramon Widmonte (Rabbi of Mizrachi South Africa and Bnei Akiva South Africa)
- and Collected Tisha B'Av Insights from YU Community Rebbetzins
In addition, to help prepare for Tisha B'Av, YU has created the following resources for shuls and in the merit of the increased learning may the Beit Hamikdash be rebuilt speedily in our days.
Tisha B'av Video Presentation for shuls
Yeshiva University's Center for the Jewish Future has partnered with the OU to create a powerful video presentation to show in your shuls on Tisha B'av. For those of you that have already ordered it, you should hopefully have gotten it in the mail by now. If you have not yet ordered it, there is still time to get it to you (North America only). Please click here to for more information and to order the DVD. If you have already ordered it, keep in mind you can download a flyer here and a jpeg here for web and email use.
Annual Tisha B'Av webcast with Rabbi Dr Jacob J Schacter:
Rabbi Schacter will once again be conducting an all-day Tisha b'Av learning program covering themes of Tisha b'Av as well as kinnos explanation, webcast live at http://www.yutorah.org/tishabav. The webcast is completely free and no registration is required. You can download a flyer to use to publicize to your shuls at http://www.yutorah.org/tishabav/webcast-2012.pdf. Below is text you can use for your emails and newsletters:
Mourning for Jerusalem in 2012: A Live Tisha B'av Webcast with Rabbi Dr. Jacob J Schacter, Senior Scholar, Yeshiva University's Center for the Jewish Future.
Join Yeshiva University and Rabbi Dr. Jacob J Schacter for a full day of learning and kinnot explanation on Tisha B'av through and live webcast available at http://www.yutorah.org/tishabav. The webcast is completely free and no registration is required. Source sheets will be available for download to follow along with the shiurim.
The Schedule is as follows (All times are EST):
- 9:15am Opening shiur:
Exile or Redemption? Current Reality and Mourning for the Churban
The Halachic Status of Tisha B'Av Nidcheh
- 11:00am Kinot recital and discussion
- 5:00 Mincha
We have compiled a catalog of hundreds of shiurim on YUTorah. You can use this image for your websites and email newsletters, http://www.yutorah.org/tishabav/tisha_bav_shiurim.jpg to link to http://www.yutorah.org/threeweeks, and below is text to use for your emails and newsletters.
Shiurim for the Three Weeks on YUTorah: Browse through hundreds of shiurim on the Three Weeks and Tisha b'Av on YUTorah from YU Roshei Yeshiva, faculty and leading scholars. Shiurim cover topics in halacha, Jewish thought, history, and more, and are all available for free download with no registration required. To browse the shiurim, please visit http://www.yutorah.org/threeweeks.