Thursday 22 November 2012

Addressing the International Conference of Chabad Shluchim » Office of the Chief Rabbi

«I never said this in public before. There was a point when I was a little involved – the hanhola [board of directors] in Lubavitch in London asked me just to get involved a little bit – there was a point in the 1970s and 80s, when the Rebbe developed a very interesting campaign – the sheva mitzvos benei noach campaign – to reach out not just to Jews, but also to non Jews.

I realized that in my new position as Chief Rabbi I could do just that. So I started broadcasting on the BBC, on radio, on television, writing for the national press. I wrote books read my non Jews as well as Jews and the effect was absolutely extraordinary. The more I spoke the more they wanted to hear – which certainly proves they weren't Jewish. (Laughter.) The more I wrote the more they wanted to read, and you know what that experience told me – not only the wisdom, the vast foresight of the Rebbe in understanding that the world was ready to hear a Jewish message – but it taught me something else as well. And I want you never to forget these words.

Non Jews respect Jews who respect Judaism.»

Addressing the International Conference of Chabad Shluchim » Office of the Chief Rabbi
http://www.chiefrabbi.org/2011/11/20/chief-rabbis-address-at-the-international-conference-of-chabad-shluchim/#.UJu4Km8fKSo


Shalom and Best Regards,
RRW

No comments: