Sunday 23 December 2012

For Ivrit Lovers - Avshalom Kor Podcasts

Guest Blogger:
R Mordechai Y. Scher
*****

When I was a younger man, one of my real daily pleasures was the brief radio broadcast Baofan Miluli on matters of lashon by Avshalom Kor. Each segment lasted about 5 minutes or a bit more, and was packed pleasantly with enlightening notions on lashon, culture, Zionist
history, divrei torah and masoret - all in the name of furthering lason haivrit.

Nowadays I listen to his segments as podcasts. They are thoroughly enjoyable and enlightening. I usually listen to two or three while doing dishes or some other such chore. There as hundreds of such podcasts archived. I subscribe to them, so they download with other podcasts whenever I update my iTunes.

If you love Ivrit, I think his podcasts are certainly worth sampling.

Warning: the material can really make one homesick.

http://www.icast.co.il/default.aspx?p=Podcast&id=363234


Best Regards,
RW

No comments: