On Motz'ei Shabbos - we had a lively discussion re: learning Halachah in general and learning Kitzur S"A in particular. I thought it to be worth sharing
1. KSA covers many topics well. EG I feel KSA covers a good subset of Aveilus and Niddah
2. Unlike EG Hayyei Adam, it covers elements of Y"D, Even ho'Ezer and Choshen Mishpot
3. Perhaps it is weakest re: Shabbos and Pesach. I suggested supplementing KSA with EG Zichru Toras Moshe or Hayyei Adam for Shabbos, and with R Shimon Eider's Sefer on Hil. Pesach
4. I saw a letter by R Ganzfried suggesting he used a "Beis Din" of Hayyei Adam, S"A haRav, and the Derech Chaim By R Yaakov miLisa.
5. Kitzur S"A is a popular limmud amongst Hassidim, BUT they don't slavishly follow it l'ma'aseh. Rather, they use it mostly as a Textbook of Halachah.