Wednesday 24 November 2010

The Need for Policy

Originally published 11/24/10, 3:10 pm. Link no longer works.
The nature of Torah education is to focus on detail. There is a need, however, to also focus on the big picture, the macro vs the micro. I further develop this idea in my latest Jewish Tribune article.

In the upcoming year, the need for policy will be an important focus of Nishma. With this in mind, I invite you to read this article and to participate in this investigation of policy.

Rabbi Ben Hecht

2 comments:

Jared said...

Agreed! I am really looking forward to hearing more about this perspective and about Torah Policy.

I think that as a Community, the big ideas, the overarching Policy, often get lost even though they are of utmost importance.

And so, thank you in advance...

Jannie said...

I second that comment!