Tuesday 30 October 2012

Should Rabbis Engage in Partisan Politics

«Given this background, and given the close presidential campaign, one might think that I would jump at the chance to sway the election by signing up with one of the competing lists of rabbis supporting President Obama or Governor Romney ... But instead, I find the entire enterprise unsettling.»

This Rabbi Is Against Rabbis for Obama/Romney - The Huffington Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/rabbi-david-wolkenfeld/rabbi-against-rabbis-for-obama-romney_b_1974431.html?utm_hp_ref=elections-2012

------------------------------------------

My take is simple. Rabbis in pulpits should stay clear of partisanship.

Since I no longer have a pulpit and effectively I only "dabble, I don't feel constrained to avoid partisanship

Shalom and Best Reagrds,
RRW

1 comment:

Mighty Garnel Ironheart said...

Better to wait for the election result and then announce to the winner "I knew you'd win and I've been supporting you all along!"