Tuesday 28 February 2012

Love Your Students - Rabbi Dr. Eliyahu Safran

A young teacher described this episode which occurred early in her teaching career:

"One beautiful Spring morning when I arrived at school, I was surprised to see a youngster waiting at the door. 'It's locked,' he said sadly. His expression brightened as I began to fumble for my keys. 'You're a teacher!" he exclaimed in obvious delight.

"As I slipped the key into the lock and opened the door, I looked at him and smiled. 'What makes you think that?' I asked him, amused and pleased in no small measure by his reaction.

"He looked directly into my eye and spoke softly but with respect. 'You have the key.'»


Teacher! Love Your Students! - Judaism - Israel National News

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/11300


Rabbi Dr. Eliyahu Safran serves as vice president of communications and marketing of the Orthodox Union's Kashruth Division. His most recent book is "Mediations at Sixty: One Person, Under God, Indivisible," published by KTAV Publishing House. He is the author of "Kos Eliyahu – Insights into the Haggadah and Pesach" which has been translated into Hebrew and published by Mosad HaRav Kook, Jerusalem.

Shalom,
RRW

No comments: