Wednesday 9 January 2013

Tablet Magazine I Booster Shot for Jewish Values

«Last week, we got an email, two printed letters, and a phone call from Josie's public school, all informing us that unless she got a tetanus booster in the next six days, she would not be allowed to attend classes. I called the school in a panic: Josie had just turned 11 and hadn't had her annual checkup yet. Too bad, I was told. Rules are rules. No shot, no school. I quickly called the pediatrician's office, and they assured me that there were a couple of hours every day in which I could bring Josie in to see a nurse, and they'd provide all the paperwork I needed to prove my child was not a tetanus-laden disease vector. And so it came to pass»

http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-life-and-religion/120073/booster-shot-for-jewish-values#undefined


Best Regards,
RRW

No comments: