Saturday 31 July 2010

Ethical Dilemma #3 - Midvar Sheqer Tirchaq?

A question came to me as follows:

«Dear Rabbi Wolpoe, when my dear Mother passed I put up a plaque in shul

In Memory of Mom, OBM
And
In Honour of Dad.

My Dad died several years ago. I've asked the shul to replace that plaque with a new one

In Memory of
Mom And Dad OBM

I've offered to cover expenses AND in addition to add a modest donation.

Bur, Rabbi Wolpoe, this process has dragged on for years

People reading this plaque think my Dad must still be alive.

Rabbi Wolpoe, please tell me - is this obsolete plaque violate midvar sheqe tirchaq by implying my late father is STILL with us?

Regards
Shim'on»

How do you think I should have answered this sh'eilah?

Kol Tuv
RRW

Previously published May 8th

1 comment:

Garnel Ironheart said...

> How do you think I should have answered this sh'eilah?

Offer the shul more money.