Tuesday 12 October 2010

First Chilean Miner Brought to the Surface

I just saw the live clip from CNN showing the first Chilean miner-- of the 33 who have been trapped for 2 months deep beneath the surface -- brought to the surface. My emotions were strong. I felt for these people -- but significantly I was thanking HaKodesh Baruch Hu for this and felt that I was watching a neis in progress. It did not matter that this person was not Jewish. It did not matter that this was accomplished through the mechanics of science. To me it was most remarkable and was a true presentation of the Glory of Hashem, the One Who created a creature who could accomplish this -- both scientifically and with caring.

To me, the greatest indication of the greatness of HaKodesh Baruch Hu is in the very accomplishments of human beings such as this -- for He created this being who could do this.

Rabbi Ben Hecht

No comments: