Monday 19 August 2013

Integrity, Cheating, and the Fudge Factor

«The "fudge factor theory" explains how we decide where to draw the line between "okay," and "not okay," between decisions that make us feel guilty and those we find a way to confidently justify. The more we're able to rationalize our decisions as morally acceptable, the wider this fudge factor margin becomes. And most of us are highly adept at it: Everyone else is doing it. This just levels the playing field. They're such a huge company that this won't affect them at all. They don't pay me enough anyway. He owes me this. She cheated on me once too. If I don't, my future will be ruined.»
What Strengthens and Weakens Our Integrity – Part I: Why Small Choices Count | The Art of Manliness
http://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/08/05/what-strengthens-and-weakens-our-integrity-part-i-why-small-choices-count/


Best Regards,
RRW

No comments: